TSPSC Statistical/ Asst Statistical Officer Job Vacancy 2018: Telangana State Public Service Commission had released a recruitment notification for filling up 474 Mandal Planning and Statistical Officer /Assistant Statistical Officer in Telangana State. Candidates can apply for this TSPSC Recruitment Notification 12/2018 through Online Application. Last date to apply online for this vacancy is 02 July 2018. Candidates should visit the official website to check the notification of Telangana PSC notification 12/2018 and apply through the official website http://www.tspsc.gov.in.
Applications are invited Online from qualified candidates through the proforma Application to be made available on Commission’s WEBSITE (www.tspsc.gov.in) to the post of Assistant Statistical Officer in Director, Directorate of Economics and Statistics Subordinate Services Department in the State of Telangana. The candidates who possess requisite qualification may apply online by satisfying themselves about the terms and conditions of this recruitment. Before applying for the posts, candidates shall register themselves as per the One Time Registration (OTR) through the Official Website of TSPSC. Those who have registered in OTR already, shall apply by login to their profile using their TSPSC ID and Date of Birth as provided in OTR.
TSPSC Statistical/ ASO Jobs Important Dates:
|Recruitment Imp. Details||Get Here:|
|Official Notification||Download Here|
|Age Limit||18-44 Years|
|Notification Released||02 June 2018|
|Online Application Started||08 June 2018|
|Online Application Closed||02 July 2018|
|Last Date for Online Payment||02 July 2018 (11:59 P.M)|
|Exam Date 2018||02 September 2018|
|Download Admit Card||before one week of examination|
|Apply Online||Apply Online|
Candidates are requested to keep the details of the following documents ready while uploading their Applications and updating OTRs if necessary, Aadhar number, SSC, INTERMEDIATE, DEGREE (Certificates), Community/ Caste Certificate i.e., Enrollment number and date of issue for uploading in OTR. Applicants must possess the qualifications from a recognized University/ Institution as detailed below or equivalent thereto, as specified in the relevant Service Rules, indented by the Department as on the Date of Notification.
The Scheme & Syllabus for the examination has been shown in ANNEXURE-III in official notification. Candidates who wants to apply visit the official website or check the above link for Telangana PSC Recruitment 2018 through online mode. The selection of candidates for appointment to the posts will be made by examination (Objective Type) by online/ OMR based. Here, you can download all related details of this recruitment from this page. or check the details from below table:
Telangana PSC Statistical/ Asst. Statistical Officer Job Details 2018:
Scale of Pay
Mandal Planning and Statistical
|474||18-44 Years||24,440 – 71,510/-|
TSPSC Age Limit & Relaxation:
- Minimum 18 years & Maximum 44* years. The age is reckoned as on 01/07/2018 (Rule- 12(1)(a)(v) of State and Subordinate Service Rules).
- Minimum Age (18 years): A Candidate should not be born after 01/07/2000
- Maximum Age (44 years): A candidate should not be born before 02/07/1974
- The Upper Age limit will be relaxed as per Rules and will be calculated on the above lines.
- *As per G.O. Ms. No. 329 GA(Ser.A) Dept., Dt. 27/07/2015 read with G.O. Ms. No. 264 GA(Ser.A) Dept.,Dated: 26-07-2016 and G.O. Ms. No. 190 GA(Ser.A) Dept.,Dated: 08-08-2017, the upper age limit is raised up to 10 years.
- Age Relaxation: The upper age limit prescribed above is however relaxable in the following cases:
|Sl. no.||Category of candidates||Relaxation of age permissible|
|1.||Telangana State Government Employees (Employees of TSRTC, Corporations, Municipalities etc. are not eligible).||5 Years based on the length of regular service.|
|2.||Ex-Service men||3 years & length of service rendered in the armed forces.|
|3.||N.C.C.(who have worked as Instructor in N.C.C.)||3 Years & length of service rendered in the N.C.C.|
|4.||SC/ST and BCs||5 Years|
|5.||Physically Handicapped persons||10 years|
TSPSC Eligibility Criteria or Qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree with Statistics as one of the main subjects. “OR”
- Bachelor’s Degree with Mathematics (with Statistics as a paper in one year or two years or all the three years as the case may be) as one of the main subjects. “OR”
- Bachelor’s Degree with Economics (with Statistics as a paper in one year or two years or all the three years as the case may be) as one of the main subjects. “OR”
- Bachelor’s Degree with Commerce (with Statistics as a paper in one year or two years or all the three years as the case may be) as one of the main subjects. “OR”
- Bachelor’s Degree with Computer Science (with Statistics as a paper in one year or two years or all the three years as the case may be) as one of the main subjects.
from a University established or incorporated by or under a Central Act or State Act, or such Institutions declared as deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or a foreign University approved by the Central Government from time to time.
TSPSC Statistical/ ASO Exam Pattern & Syllabus:
Scheme of Examination
The Scheme & Syllabus for the examination has been given below:
|Paper||Subject||No.of Questions||Duration||Maximum Marks|
|1||Paper-I: General Studies and
|2||Paper-II: Statistics (Common for all) (Degree Level)||150||150
|Name of the Papers||Language Of Examination|
|PAPER-IGeneral Studies and General Abilities||Bilingual i.e., English, Telugu|
|PAPER-II: Statistics (Common for all) (Degree Level)|
TSPSC Statistical & ASO Exam SYLLABUS:
Paper-I: GENERAL STUDIES AND GENERAL ABILITIES
1. Current Affairs – Regional, National and International
2. International Relations and Events
3. General Science; India’s achievements in Science and Technology
4. Environmental Issues and Disaster Management.
5. Economy of India and Telangana
6. Geography of India with a focus on Telangana
7. Indian Constitution and Polity with a focus on local self Government
8. Society, Culture, Heritage, Arts and Literature of Telangana
9. Policies of Telangana State
10. History of Modern India with a focus on Indian National Movement
11. History of Telangana with special emphasis on Movement for Telangana Statehood
12. Logical Reasoning, Analytical Ability and Data Interpretation
13. Basic English
Paper-II: STATISTICS (Common for All) (Degree Level)
- Introduction to Statistics: Meaning, importance and limitations of statistics – Collection of data – Primary and Secondary data. Sampling (Random, Non Random) – Census – Schedule and questionnaire – Frequency distribution – Tabulation – Diagrammatic and graphic presentation of data.
- Measures of Central Tendency, Dispersion, Skewness and Kurtosis: Meaning, objectives and characteristics of measures of central tendency – Types of Averages: Arithmetic Mean, Geometric Mean, Harmonic Mean, Median, Mode, Deciles, Percentiles – Properties of averages and their applications.
Dispersion: Meaning and properties – Types: Range, Quartile Deviation, Mean Deviation, Standard Deviation, Coefficient of Variation.
Skewness: Meaning – Karl Pearson’s and Bowley’s Measures of Skewness and Kurtosis.
- Probability: Random experiment, sample space, event, algebra of events, probability on a discrete sample space, basic theorems of probability and simple examples based on theorems, conditional, probability of an event, independent events, Baye’s theorem and its applications.
- Concept of Random variable: Discrete and Continuous, Bernouli, Binominal and Poisson distributions, Normal distribution and its applications and uses. Concept of Un biased estimator, consistency, efficiency and sufficiency, large and small sample tests. Concept of null and alternative hypothesis.
- Correlation and Regression: Correlation: Meaning and uses – Types of correlation – Karlpearson’s correlation coefficient – Spearman’s Rank correlation – Probable error.
Regression analysis: Meaning and utility – Comparison between Correlation and Regression – Regression Equations – Interpretation of Regression Coefficient.
- Analysis of Time Series and Index Numbers: Time Series Analysis: Meaning and utility – Components of time series – Measurement of trend and seasonal variations – Utility of decomposition of time series – Decentralization of data.
Index Numbers: Meaning and importance – Methods of construction of index numbers: Price Index Numbers, Quantity Index Numbers – Tests of Adequacy of Index Numbers – Deflating Index Numbers – Cost of living Index Numbers – Limitation of Index Numbers.
- Sampling Techniques: Complete enumeration vs. Sampling, estimation of Sample size and Simple, Stratified and Systematic Random Sampling.
- Basics of Computers: Binary system, Octal and Hexadecimal systems. Conversion to and from Decimal systems. Codes, Bits, Bytes and Words. Memory of a computer, Arithmetic and Logical operations on numbers. Precision. AND, OR, XOR, NOT and Shit/Rotate operators, Algorithms and Flow charts, MS-Office.
Telangana PSC Fee Payment:
- (A) FEE: (Remittance of Fee) Each applicant must pay Rs. 200/- (RUPEES TWO HUNDRED ONLY) towards Online Application Processing Fee. This apart, the applicants have to pay RS. 80/- (RUPEES EIGHTY ONLY) towards Examination Fee. However, the following category of candidates are exempted from payment of Examination fee.
- BC, SC & ST of Telangana State
- Unemployed applicants in the age group of 18 to 44 years of Telangana State (They have to submit declaration at an appropriate time to the Commission that they are unemployed).
- PH & Ex-service men.
- N.B.:- BC’s, SC’s and ST’s belonging to other states are not exempted from payment of Application processing Fee and Examination Fee and they are not entitled for any kind of reservation.
- (B) Mode of Payment of Fee: The Fee mentioned at Para-I(6)(a) is to be paid online through SBI ePay duly following online instructions once the application form details are submitted by filling TSPSC ID, date of birth and other particulars.
- The fee once remitted, shall not be refunded or adjusted under any circumstances. Failure to pay the examination fee, application fee, wherever applicable will entail total rejection of application. The list of Banks providing service for the purpose of online remittance of fee is given in ANNEXURE – II.
Telangana PSC Apply Online:
- The Applicants have to read the User Guide for Online Submission of Applications and then proceed further.
- The Candidate has to visit the WEBSITE http://www.tspsc.gov.in and fill the OTR application if not registered earlier to obtain TSPSC ID. While filling the same, the candidates have to ensure that there are no mistakes in it. The Commission bears no responsibility for the mistakes, if any, made by the candidates.
- The candidates have to visit the website http://www.tspsc.gov.in to submit Application and Click on the Link with Notification Number and Name, provide TSPSC ID and Date of Birth to proceed further.
- Applicant must compulsorily fill-up all relevant columns of application and submit application through website only. The particulars made available in the website shall be processed through computer and the eligibility decided in terms of notification.
- The applicant should pay the prescribed fee as specified through any of the four modes of payment online. Separate instructions have to be followed for each mode of payment.
- After payment of fee, the PDF Application will be generated which contains the particulars furnished by the candidates. The ID No in the PDF Application form has to be quoted for future reference/correspondence.