Link Aadhar card with Mobile no.: Have you linked your mobile number with Aadhar Card? It is necessary to link your mobile no with aadhar card. It is mandatory to link your Aadhar with your SIM before 31 March 2018. You can easily link your Aadhar data by visiting your mobile operator centres. The Department of Telecommunication (DoT) announced that customers had to link their mobile numbers with Aadhaar.
DOT made it mandatory to link Aadhaar card to the mobile number. Complying with the government’s decision, telecom operators all over the country informing their subscribers via email and message notifications. Last date to link your mobile number with aadhar card till the 31 March 2018 by DoT which was earlier 6 February 2018.
- Download E-Aadhar Card or Check Your Aadhar Card Status Here
- PAN Card Apply Online, Update, Status & Aadhar Link
Government of India has also instructed all the telecom operators to offer the doorstep service for senior citizens, disabled, needy and chronically ill people to complete the re-verification. Mobile subscribers have to get their mobile no. re-verified with Aadhaar Card on or before 31 March 2018 otherwise their mobile number will be deactivated till it is re-verified with Aadhaar. All the subscribers without any further delay should complete the linking to avoid discontinuation of the services to the phone number.
Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number through OTP:
You can link your mobile no with aadhar card and varify via OTP base method. It is very easy method to link your mobile no with aadhar. This OTP based method is very useful and helpful to verify mobile phones. Subscribers who have their mobile numbers linked with Aadhaar already will be able to use this re-verification method. Customers will have to follow the offline process to link Mobile no. with Aadhaar Card by visiting operator’s store, if their mobile no. is not linked with Aadhaar. Follow these 8 simple step to link your Mobile no. with Aadhar card.
|Link Aadhar card with Mobile/SIM||Link Mobile with Aadhar <–|
- Dial toll free number 14546 from your mobile number
- IVR (interactive voice response) system will verify you whether you are Indian Citizen or NRI. reply the answer by pressing 1 or 2
- IVR will ask your 12 Digit Aadhar number, enter your aadhar no. and confirm it with pressing 1
- An OTP is generated and sent to your registered mobile no.
- A consent will displayed ask to your operator to access your name, photo and DOB from UIDAI
- After giving consent, IVR will now read the last four digits of your mobile no to re-confirm your provided number
- Enter the correct OTP received
- After entering OTP, press 1 to complete the Aadhaar and mobile number re-verification.
Subscriber is not required to link their mobile no with aadhar card if he activate his mobile number with the eKYC—an Aadhaar based activation by providing the biometrics at the time of taking the new connection. Apart from this, all the Postpaid and Prepaid subscriber compulsorily need to link their aadhar with mobile number. There are some easy methods to verify your Mobile no with aadhar card.
Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number by Visiting the Store/Retailer:
The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) make it necessary for every mobile user to link their mobile no. with aadhar card to use their number. If not done before February 2018, SIM card will face risk of getting deactivated. The earlier deadline was December 31, 2017, which was extended by the Supreme Court. You can link your mobile no with aadhar card by visiting the operator store. Just follow the steps to link your SIM with Aadhar.
- Visit nearest telecom operator store which you use
- Tell the executive to link my SIM with Aadhar
- Provide your mobile number to the executive
- Executive will send an OTP to mobile no. that you want to link
- Now share your Biometric date with Executive
- After fingerprint you will get a confirmation SMS on your mobile number
- Reply ‘Y’ to complete the process.
The IVRS (Interactive Voice Response System) can also be used for Aadhaar-mobile no. verification by specially designed apps. The new IVR service is likely to bring huge relief for subscribers to link your Aadhaar number with mobile number as it now makes it easier without the need to visit the operators store. It is now Compulsory to link your Aadhaar cards with your bank a/c, Permanent Account Numbers (PAN), Income Tax Return (ITR), Social Security Schemes and Mobile no (SIM). Reliance Jio users do not need to go through for aadhar linking for their mobile no as the company takes their Aadhaar numbers for activating their SIM cards.